Water is a universal solvent; most solids dissolve into it at different stages from different sources. Which is why tap water contains so many harmful pollutants. As well as after going through water treatment, municipal water contains bad smell and chlorine taste.
However, clean and better-tasting water is not only essential for drinking but also other household needs. So, if you want to stop worrying about the quality of water, think about buying the best inline water filter. Moreover, it certainly gives complete peace of mind.
The inline water filters are ideal to use in your refrigerator, kitchen appliances, sink, and even RV. These units are relatively smaller than other filters so as easy to install. Additionally, you can connect an inline water filter with your main water supply and leave the rest on it.
Therefore, it will provide you with clean and chill filter water-retaining a good taste. There are countless models available where most includes distinct features. However, finding the right one can be difficult as the manufacturers claim that they offer the best.
In this article, we'll try to instruct you to find the right inline filter for your needs.
Table of Contents
- 7 Best Inline Water Filter Reviews
- 1. Best Inline Water Filter Specially for Ice Maker by Watts Premium
- 2. iSpring CU-A4 4-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System- Best Inline Water Filter System
- 3. PureWater Filters Inline Water Filter Kit for Ice Makers
- 4. LASCO 37-1821 Ice Maker Inline Filter
- 5. Wonder WD-10K Refrigerator Water Filter
- 6. Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Basic Inline Filtration System for RV
- 7. Omnipure K2533JJ Inline Water Filter for Refrigerator
- What is an inline filter?
- How an Inline Water Filter Works?
- Best Inline Water Filter Buying Guide
7 Best Inline Water Filter Reviews
Well, while shopping for the best inline water filter, most people don't know which filter can remove what type of contaminants. That's why we explore the best options. So, with their unique applications to help you make the best purchase. We are discussing where they can install, their capacity and lifespan, many more.
Take a look.
1. Best Inline Water Filter Specially for Ice Maker by Watts Premium
Watts Premium inline water filter is one of the best inline water filters for ice maker and refrigerator. Its 20000-gallon filter capacity and extended lifetime make the filter our top value choice.
The filter uses unique Kinetic Degradation Fluxion treatment to deliver cleaner and tastier drinking water. Its inline cartridge features 10" KDF inline filter with two bass connectors. So, the filter is suitable for you if your water supply line is ¼".
Moreover, the filter can connect easily with your existing plumbing. It is too easy to install and requires low maintenance. Besides, the filter is effective at reducing chlorine, sediment, odor, and other contaminants from water.
The filter also reduces scale built-up at household appliances and prevent bacterial growth. One Watts Premium inline water filter lasts for up to 20000 gallons of water.
Most of all, the filter is NSF listed and certified by NSF/ANSI for lead-free and reduction of aesthetic chlorine.
Compatibility: The filter is suitable for so many options. Moreover, the inline filter also ideal for home and outside options like boats, campers, tea/coffee brewers, and commercial ice-maker.
1. Versatile filter,
2. Uses KDF technology for water filtration,
3. Easy to install,
4. Requires low maintenance,
5. Fit for most water supply,
6. It lasts for up to 20000 gallons.
1. Not very efficient for municipal or well water.
2. iSpring CU-A4 4-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System- Best Inline Water Filter System
What if you get the best filtration without spending too much money? As always, the iSpring makes this possible with their unique 4-stage filtration system. It is a versatile water filtration system.
The filter comes with the advanced 4-stage design. It includes both ultrafiltration and KDF/GAC filtration stages in a single unit. So, at first, the filter features a PP sediment filter that removes particles of 5-micron sizes.
Then, the UF filter includes a hollow fiber membrane which removes particles of 0.1-microns size. It has KDF+GDC filter on the next. Moreover, it removes all bacteria, metals, and other organic compounds.
Finally, the activates carbon filter ensures you get utterly safe water. The filter is best for not wasting water. The best part is, it comes with a sparkly drinking water faucet. And which made of brush nickel.
Most of all, it includes connecting fittings with color-coded tubing. It makes the installation process a snap. Also, the twist on/twist off design helps in quick and easy filter changing.
Compatibility: This 4-stage filter is best for use under the sink, in the refrigerator, coffee maker, etc.
1. Advanced 4-stage filtration,
2. Ensures complete filtration of well water,
3. No water waste,
4. Easy to install,
5. Allows easy filter changing,
6. Includes brushed-nickel water faucet,
7. Economical and flexible option.
1. Somewhat bulky as an inline filter,
2. Instructions are not clear.
3. PureWater Filters Inline Water Filter Kit for Ice Makers
Pure Water Filters inline water filter is an economical option for ice makers. It is one of the best inline water filter kits that offer nonstop pure and chilled water. The filter is excellent at removing chlorine taste, odor, and cloudiness from water.
The filter is also verified against NSF/ANSI standard 42 for assuring chlorine-free water. However, it improves the taste of the drinking water and ice at the end. There is nothing specific about the flow rate. However, it offers a filter capacity of 1500 gallons.
The best part is, it comes with necessary quick-connect fittings for ease of installation. It also includes 15-feet of ¼" NSF water line, two ¼" adapters, and mounting bracket with screws.
You can easily install the filter using all these and with the help of provided instructions. Above all, PureWater Filters offer a free lifetime warranty. The price is also affordable, so grab the deal NOW!
Compatibility: It is suitable for ice-maker, refrigerator, under the sink, water fountains, beverage equipment, etc.
1. Economical option,
2. Ensures better-tasting water,
3. Improves water clarity,
5. Easy to install.
1. Not suitable for negligibly-treated municipal water.
4. LASCO 37-1821 Ice Maker Inline Filter
The next inline water filter from LASCO is a budget pick comes at a universal size. It offers a good filtration capacity of 2500-gallons that, too, at a low price. The filter efficiently cleans tap water and maintain a good taste.
Therefore, this inline filter not only improves water taste but also removes any chemical smells. Also, it is effective at eliminating cloudiness, sediments, scale build-up, corrosion, etc.
The filter comes with ¼" compression connection fittings. So, you can easily connect the filter with your existing water supply line. You need to change it in every 6-months as one unit can filter out up to 9500-litters water.
Overall, it's a great toolkit and offers sufficient life expectancy than most filters. You should have it at home for clear, odorless, and tastier drinking water.
Compatibility: The filter is best for use with most ice maker, refrigerator, and under the sink.
1. Budget-friendly option,
2. Ease of installation,
3. Includes necessary fittings,
4. Adequate filtration capacity.
1. It requires a long flush period after installation,
2. We need to buy a mounting bracket separately.
5. Wonder WD-10K Refrigerator Water Filter
The Wonder WD-10K is an all-rounder inline water filter, including a couple of features. It is durable, filters superbly, and easy to install. The filter is efficient at removing up to 99.9% of contaminants from water.
The filter not only removes impurities but also adds minerals to make it healthier. All of this does through the advanced selective filtration technology. It utilizes a RO membrane to filter out all kinds of contaminants and heavy metals.
Moreover, the filter comes with all the necessary fittings and connectors for easy installation. You can connect it with your existing water line. Though it doesn't come with hoses, you need to buy it separately.
Most of all, it features a filtration capacity of 10000 gallons. It means the filter can last up to 3-years with constant 3-gallons/minute flow rate. The filter offers the best-quality as it is WQA to NSF/ANSI certified.
Compatibility: It is fit for use with refrigerator and ice maker. The filter is not an under sink inline water filter and not for well water.
1. Long filter lifespan,
2. Advanced filtration technology,
3. Extended filtration capacity,
4. Better flow rate,
5. Need to ensure better-tasting and flat water.
1. Not for well water,
2. Only for ice makers and refrigerators.
6. Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Basic Inline Filtration System for RV
The famous brand, Culligan, is always ahead in providing healthy drinking water for your family. The Culligan IC 1 EZ-change offers high-level filtration within budget. It is an excellent option for drinking safe water in the RV on the go.
It has filter cartridge is NSF certified for chlorine taste and odor removal. This filter cartridge can efficiently remove class III particulate of 5-15-micron sizes. Moreover, it can last up to 3000 gallons of water and more with less usage.
The filter comes with a twist on and off feature for easy opening. Also, it includes quick-connect fittings for ease of replacement. You can change the filter cartridge using mounting screws and head assembly.
Above all, this Culligan filter ensures a water flow rate of 0.5 gallons/minute with 60psi pressure. It will certainly provide safer and better-tasting water to your household.
Compatibility: The filter ensures filtered water in the ice-maker, refrigerator, RV, and other water systems.
1. Comes with complete installation kits,
2. Quite easy to install,
3. Removes chlorine taste and odor efficiently,
4. Good filter capacity,
5. NSF/ANSI certified.
1. It cannot remove sediments and other harmful chemicals.
7. Omnipure K2533JJ Inline Water Filter for Refrigerator
The next one in the list offers the best flow rate compared to others. We are talking about the Omnipure K2533JJ. Besides, the filter is a budget option and provides easier installation.
The filter comes with a good filtration capacity of 1500 gallons. It claims to last for up to one year. As mentioned, the filter offers a high flow rate of 5GPM, which a great plus. The unit is excellent at removing chlorine taste and odors from drinking water.
However, the filter also uses granulated activated-carbon media to take away most contaminants. Unlike others, it includes a built-in ¼" quick-connect compression fittings. It ensures super easy installation and no additional tool is needed.
Simply remove both caps of the filter and attach with the waterline. Above all, it's a super money-saver yet efficient. Once you start using it, you'll feel the difference.
Compatibility: The Omni pure is the best companion for your ice-makers, refrigerator, RO system, beverage equipment, and under the counter system.
1. Super easy installation,
2. Removes chlorine taste and odor,
3. No additional tools required,
4. Better filter life,
5. Budget-friendly pick.
1. Instructions are not clear.
What is an inline filter?
An inline water filter is a highly efficient filtration system that removes contaminants and maintains fluid purity. These filters contain ceramic candles, coconut, and charcoal inside the housing, and water passes through this. The inline filter works as a part of a particular water supply.
It is attached to the water supply that is associated with the water tap in the house. An inline filter can install with the pipe underneath the sink or with the Best Fridge Water Filter.
Moreover, inline water filters are one of the most popular household filtration system and for a good reason. The inline filter has more facilities. Those are,
- Compact and discrete design,
- Highly efficient,
- Readily available.
How an Inline Water Filter Works?
As you know, an inline water filter picks over small to large particles from water. These filters work using an absorption process that utilizes carbon. In this filtration process, the contaminants stick to the activated carbon pores.
The other materials like coconut, charcoal, and ceramic candle ensure fresh and better taste. It not only filters out particles but also adds sodium, calcium, magnesium, and potassium ions. All these minerals adjust the pH level of water, and they are beneficial to health.
Best Inline Water Filter Buying Guide
The market has a range of options with the latest technologies and membrane in the filter media. It could be challenging to figure out what works and what's not. Before you make up your mind, here are a few things you should consider while buying one. Here we go.
1. Types of Inline Water filters
Inline water filters are available in different varieties based on their filtration system. The most common types are charcoal, carbon block, and granular formula filters. They all allow selective filtration.
- Charcoal Filtration: As a natural material, it removes a lot of impurities such as chlorine, VOCs, etc. Charcoal is a carbon-based material, which is why it attracts carbon-based elements. So, the water is free of all carbon-based toxins.
- Activated Carbon Block Filtration: As the name suggests, it reduces most chemicals and contaminants from the water. It is the most robust inline water filtration's system.
- Granular Formulas: This type utilizes a range of materials with different-sized pores. So, the compounds and elements of different sizes trap into the filter. It filters out contaminants but keeps certain minerals in the water.
2. Filtration Rate
More or less, all inline filters are the same in their construction and function. What sets one apart from another is its filtration rate. The filtration rate is measured as gallons of water it can filter in a day, briefly gallons per day. You should look at the filters with a high filtration rate.
3. Filtration Capacity
Filtration capacity denotes the ability to remove various harmful contaminants from the tap water. The capacity is determined by how many pollutants it can remove from incoming water.
Some excellent inline water filtration system can remove up to 60 contaminants from tap water. Also, there is a unit that can remove around 40 various impurities. All the manufacturers claim that their filter can remove up to 99.99% impurities, but you should check it properly.
Inline water filters with activated carbon can remove chlorine and other organic materials. But, if your water contains heavy metals, sulfates, etc. it is better to buy the Best Alkaline Water Pitcher.
4. Flow Rate
The best inline water filter should have a higher flow rate. If the filter has a larger valve opening, it will likely provide a better flow rate. You can check the valve opening at the description before making a purchase. Generally, most inline water filters have a flow rate of 3 GPM. You can have more from the list above.
5. The diameter of the Water Line
As you know, inline water filters are placed between the water supply. The width of your water line must fit the filter you purchase. The supply line should fit into the inlet and outlet of the filter.
Usually, most households have either 3/8" or 1/8" water line; still, you should measure your water line. Depending on your filter, you may also need to buy a female or male adapter to connect the filter.
You must purchase a filter for the dedicated model of refrigerator, ice-maker, or other pipelines. The filter should be compatible to ensure proper filtration. Getting a compatible model not only ease installation but also prevent any leakage.
7. Ease of Installation
No matter how expensive the filter is, it is worthless when the installation is complicated. Most people prefer those models that they can install by themselves. Some select units offer a hassle-free installation.
They tend to take at most 30 minutes for installation. Moreover, the manufacturer provides the necessary fittings and hoses along with the filter. You should choose them anyway.
There is some unit that is designed for specific faucets. But there are also some versatile units that you can install at the pre-existing water supply. You can connect the bathroom or kitchen faucets or even garden hose; if you choose to.
Some of them allow installing with the refrigerator cold water supply. In a word, there are varying extents of filtration available. You can get them depending on your budget and needs.
9. Replacement Period and Cost
Like other filters, an inline water filter requires replacement after a specific time. It is better to know the replacement period before purchasing. So, you can know when to replace the filter. The frequency of the replacement affects the cost of replacement. Perhaps, you won't buy the filter that requires frequent replacement.
1. What do inline water filters remove?
Inline water filters are effective in removing up to 99.99% of contaminants from drinking water. It can filter out the following articles;
- Heavy metals,
- Iron, lead, and mercury,
- Hydrogen sulfide,
- Cadmium 6,
- Bad taste and odor.
2. Where should I install an inline water filter?
You can install an inline water filter to the main cold water tap in the kitchen. Also, it can be attached to the pipe running under the kitchen sink. Some refrigerator inline water filters allow installing with the water line coming to the fridge.
3. How long do inline water filters last?
An inline water filter usually lasts anywhere between 6 to 18 months. It is better to purchase a filter with a longer service life to save costs. Then, replace the filter when its capacity as given by the manufacturer.
4. How do I change my inline water filter?
Here is the step by step of changing an inline water filter;
- At first, make sure that you have the right model and size.
- Then turn off the water supply and release the pressure if you are using it with the water cooler.
- Now identify the flow direction marked on the side with an arrow.
- Remove the old filter from quick connect fittings and connect the new filter to the tubing.
- Once you've installed the filter, turn on the water supply. Finally, flush the filter for around 10min to remove carbon fines.
5. How do I connect my inline water filter?
Installing an inline water filter is easy, and it requires the necessary plumbing skills. Follow these steps to install an inline filter on the pipe of cold-water supply under the sink.
- Firstly, cut the cold-water supply with a pipe cutter. Remove the part between the water supply and the tap. You'll be installing the inline filter in this gap.
- However, identify the inlet of the filter that makes as 'In.' So, connect the channel with the waterline and the outlet to the main kitchen pipes.
- Now drill holes to place the inline filter on the wall through a bracket. Fix the screws tightly and make sure to leave space for further replacement.
- Your installation is complete; now run water through it to check for any leaks.
|1||Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000 gallon Capacity-...||$38.54 $30.68||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter with...||$36.46 $17.87||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Frizzlife Under Sink Water Filter System-High...||$99.99 $84.95||Buy on Amazon|
In a nutshell, it is excellent to own the best inline water filter. It pays off the money you spend by providing safe, tasty, and healthy drinking water. Note that some units consume gallons of water for filtration. Make sure you don't buy those units.
We hope our detailed review was an eye-opener for you. You can see how efficient and durable those are. So, you are surely going to thank us after getting fresh and odorless water from any of these filters. We would love to hear from you!